It’s hard to believe that our second episode is done and airing. Time is surely flying. We shared a favorite simple and yummy recipe.
My Cajun Trail Mix is a must have on hand, at our house. The boys love it. It’s super quick to make and is always a great choice for when you’re on the go.
What you will need:
1 Cup Whole Raw Almonds
1 Cup Pecan Halves
1 Cup Walnut Halves
1/2 cup Unsalted Shelled Sunflower Seeds
1/2 cup Unsalted Shelled Pumpkin Seeds
2 TBSP. Canola Oil
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
Here’s How I Did It:
- First, heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the nuts together in a large bowl.
- Combine Canola Oil and nuts and mix thoroughly.
- Add seasoning to nut and oil mixture.
- Evenly spread coated and seasoned nuts onto lined cooking sheet.
- Stirring every 5 Minutes, bake in heated oven for 12 minutes.
- Let rest for an hour.
Cajun Trail Mix
- 1 Cup Whole Raw Almonds
- 1 Cup Pecan Halves
- 1 Cup Walnut Halves
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Shelled Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Shelled Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 TBSP Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Preheat Oven to 350°F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl combine nuts and then add oil. Then mix.
4. Add seasoning and mix ingredients.
5. Spread nuts in a single layer on baking sheet. Stirring every 5 minutes, until toasted and fragrant, about 12 minutes. Cool for an hour. Store in air tight container.